My Recovery and Other Things You Don't Care About

The steps and stages in my recovery from surgery and the end of a six year relationship that resulting in my wonderful son

Name:
Location: Around. Honolulu mostly., Hawaii, United States

I'm an insomniac. It leads to a number of different, interesting things.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Another day that reminds me why I drink

So we had a semi-major outage today at work. It was actually a series of different things that went on today that remind me why I drink.

To start the day, one of the new beta customers, a church no less (as if I need God to get on my fucking case more) had a phone that went down, so I'm scrabling around to get they back up and running on a different fucking island. And in the process of doing that, I manage to temporarily break the rest of the phones there.

Following that, I couldn't get to my voicemail. Lo and behold, the goddamn PIX firewall in our core network, right in front of the BFS (Big Fucking Switch) goes all to hell and we now have a voice outage so we're working on that for a few hours.

After that I still have to pack the last of my stuff to move and in the middle of this, I get a call from a customer I helped once with a DSL problem. I think I wrote about it a while ago. A couple of Japanese people at a travel agency, wrong configuration on the router. HiTel is moving their DSL from one type of connection to another and now they don't have Internet access. We in tracking this down we figure out that 1) the router needs to be reconfigured, 2) HiTel fucked us again because they're supposed to be going from frame to ATM and they had a DLCI instead of PVC information and 3) the customer still doesn't have DSL as of the time I'm writing this. So somebody is totally disorganized.

So now, today, I remember why I drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home