My Recovery and Other Things You Don't Care About

The steps and stages in my recovery from surgery and the end of a six year relationship that resulting in my wonderful son

Name:
Location: Around. Honolulu mostly., Hawaii, United States

I'm an insomniac. It leads to a number of different, interesting things.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Employee of the year...but not as funny and the blondes aren't as hot

So I was awarded employee of the year at the Christmas dinner the company held which I didn't go to. Got a nice certificate for a two day neighbor island vacation and some cash (so yeah, a couple nice bottles of wine or scotch).

It's actually very nice to be so well regarded but I was jokng today that I should threaten to quit more often. Over the past few month's I've been joking that considering how many toes I'm stepping on I'm either going to get employee of the year or get fired. I have to say I'm quite surprised it was the former and not the latter. Happily surprised, but surprised none the less. Especially since I've still been putting off giving a final anwer to a couople of on-hold job offers. Oh well, times are what they are and I'm happy to receive the award. It comes with a nice plaque and everything. Which reminds me, I need to see a dentist. It's been a while.

And on that final tie in back to a Dane Cook movie (bonus points if you can tell me the opening movie tie in and the closing movie tie in without reading it) I'm going to close.

Trivia:
Dane Cook, was in Employee of the Year with Jessica Simpson
Also in Good Luck Chuck with Jessica Alba (where he played a dentist)
Further trivia: I have no shot wither either Jessica yet I'm pretty sure I'm funnier than Dane Cook. Go Figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home