My Recovery and Other Things You Don't Care About

The steps and stages in my recovery from surgery and the end of a six year relationship that resulting in my wonderful son

Name:
Location: Around. Honolulu mostly., Hawaii, United States

I'm an insomniac. It leads to a number of different, interesting things.

Friday, April 17, 2009

4/17/2009

Here's the thing. It's 3 AM. And I'm pissed. Seriously pissed. My left hand is semi-nonfunctional at the moment because I slammed it into a cinder brick wall. That pissed. To the point that I know I should sleep but I also know I won't be able to. That pissed.

In the interest of non-disclosure, since this is public, I'm not going into details. What lies below is two versions of the resignation letter I'm drafting now. Three things to note before I go into this. 1) I was at this point in Dec. and left it to a coin flip. Change is coming I was told. Be patient, we're changing. Fuck change. I'm all about being fates bitch again. I went against what fate told me to do and now I'm seriously fucking regretting that decision. 2) I will be on vacation from 4 May through 8 May. I am hoping that a week away from my job will give me necessary time and space to decompress and relieve the really fucked headspace that I'm in now. 3) Failing that, I will deliver one of these two letter. I don't know yet which.

Version 1:

Due to what I see as continuing lack of concern for the interests of its customers and questionable strategy, I regretfully resign my position at the company. I leave with no ill intent for the company and wish you all the best of success. I believe that my continued employment here is in the best interest of neither the company nor myself. The reasons for my departure are numerous and would at this point appear petty to reiterate. Suffice it to say that continuing here would be a pointless exercise in continued frustration and mass profanity. Two weeks hence my departure will be completed and should my help be required after that point with regards to anything job related, calls for support with the product set and services can be made to my cell phone at a rate of $500 per hour, billed in six second intervals. Plus taxes. That would come close to paying me enough to put up with the jackassery I've had to over the past few years. If it matters, I don't expect a letter of recommendation and I won't ask for one. Screw you guys, I'm going home.

--------------------------------

Version 2:
It is with regret that I resign my position. In my view, continued employment at the company does not serve the best interest of the customers, the company or myself. I leave with no ill will and only a few regrets. One of these days I'll learn not to drop inappropriate notes on the desk of President. It is my belief that a lack of professionalism and customer focus is well established at the company and for my contributions to that, I sincerely apologize. I hope that in the future, positive change will take shape to make the company successful.

In preparation for my departure I would like to inform you of the following. I have deleted any information or files realted to my work that was contained on non-company storage media, including things like my USB flash memory drives. Copies of all such files may still be found on my work laptop as well as on network based storage such as shared network drives and the sharepoint document repositories. I suggest that prior to my departure arrangements be made to securely transition the data on my laptop to someone else or that it be erased.

-------

So right now I'm planning on one of those. I've got one week left before I have my first vacation in over two years. I have no plans for that vacation. I have no intent to do anything right now other than cut myself off from the job for a week. Should that somehow miraculously change my opinion, great, but right now.....I'm leaning towards the first version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home