My Recovery and Other Things You Don't Care About

The steps and stages in my recovery from surgery and the end of a six year relationship that resulting in my wonderful son

Name:
Location: Around. Honolulu mostly., Hawaii, United States

I'm an insomniac. It leads to a number of different, interesting things.

Friday, November 04, 2005

The Eyes

My vision is a little better today. The odd part is that because I can't sit flat, I have to have a pillow behind my back when I lie down, which is most of the time. Consequently, my back is almostly constantly hurting now. Not unbearable pain, but such that it's getting to me. And I still have at least a week of this to go.

I tried looking through my right eye today, the side that had the surgery. I can see better than I could before. Not sure if I posted this part already but last year I had a cataract removed. When they removed the cataract they put in an implant lens. To secure the lens in place, they use what remains of the capsule that contains the natural lens that had the cataract. In my case, the implant lens moved and so the surgery was to reposition it and put in place a suture to keep it there. I should see improvement week by week but i'll be using the same antibiotic eye drops for months. Oh well, someone has to keep the pharamceutical companies in business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home