My Recovery and Other Things You Don't Care About

The steps and stages in my recovery from surgery and the end of a six year relationship that resulting in my wonderful son

Name:
Location: Around. Honolulu mostly., Hawaii, United States

I'm an insomniac. It leads to a number of different, interesting things.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Years Eve Starts

I just read on BBC News that Sydney has celebrated the New Year to much fanfare. It is of course, about 230 AM on the 31’st here locally. It’s nice enough. I have plans for the evening that are pretty low key but better than some of the other ideas running through my head right now (like taking what’s left of the bottle of tequila sitting on the counter and seeing how long I can stay drunk enough to not be able to stand up)

I know that I want the New Year to be better and I know that it will bring some improvements. But right now I think I just want my misery to have company. I want to know that I’m not the only one who isn’t reveling in celebration right now. Still, I know that I am both a positive force in the lives of others and have others who are a positive force in mine and there’s something of a comforting thought in that.

This New Year had better be an improvement over the end of this one, because I’m generally depressed, back to drinking again and looking for employment. If the next year is like the end of this one, it’s not going to be particularly nice.

Hm. Maka says that she doesn't want to drink anything that might impair her for evening. At this point, I'm pretty damn sure I don't want to be sober this evening. Maybe that'll change through the day. It's only 245 AM now, maybe some rest will change my mood, but I doubt it. Here's to hoping my speech is slurred by 12 o'clock

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home