My Recovery and Other Things You Don't Care About

The steps and stages in my recovery from surgery and the end of a six year relationship that resulting in my wonderful son

Name:
Location: Around. Honolulu mostly., Hawaii, United States

I'm an insomniac. It leads to a number of different, interesting things.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Time Travel and Dwelling

I was asked recently what super power I would choose if I could have a super power. Flying, super strength, the basics. I choose the ability to travel back in time. I used to be a fan of the show Early Edition where the plot of the show is that this guy in Chicago gets tomorrows newspaper and goes around stopping all the bad things that happen today. The being able to see the future thing was an option too, but I chose the ability to travel through time. It’s the craziest thing too. All it says is that I have a hard time letting go of past mistakes. I’m sure some of that is just being stubborn, and a lot of it is just being stupid too.

Selecting the ability to travel through time as my super power is symptomatic of, shit I don’t know, I’d like to say trying beyond all hope, but I fear it’s just a symptom of stupidity. I want badly to go back and fix things that I know I did wrong. It’s like I can’t help but dwell in the past and just struggle to move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home