My Recovery and Other Things You Don't Care About

The steps and stages in my recovery from surgery and the end of a six year relationship that resulting in my wonderful son

Name:
Location: Around. Honolulu mostly., Hawaii, United States

I'm an insomniac. It leads to a number of different, interesting things.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Frank McCourt died

I'm sitting here in Salt Lake City Intl' Airport (SLC) waiting for my connecting flight to Chicago (ORD) and I'm sitting here reading the paper and I just found out that Frank McCourt died. Which bums me out some. i may not have noticed, if I didn't have this down time, but I heard him talk once about his book Teacher Man and I have a copy of Angela's Ashes somewhere that I need to finish.

In particular the stuff like Teacher Man where he talks about the different experiences of teaching, were something that stuck with me. Not really sure why, but you think about teaching English by having kids write teacher's obituaries and it makes you smile a slightly mischevious smile.

And you think about eating the sandwich that some kid threw in class and it makes you laught a little. Plus I've been sitting at Salt Lake City for a cuple hours now and shoudl probably get lunch because I'm ridiculously hungry.

Okay quick note as I site here killing time in SLC. Godspeed Mr. McCourt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home